Monday, May 4, 2009

A Streetcar Named Desire

In my opinion the movie should have been one of the best movies by that time because of the acting and the quality of the video is fabulous despite it was recorded on the 50’s. Talking on specific things, I liked a lot the Marlon Brando’s acting since he had the talent to make us feel everything so real.
In despite of his fantastic acting, Marlon Brando, Stanley in the film, is the least sympathetic character because of his behavior. He owns an aggressive personality and in the whole story he is only interested about the money that Stella, his wife, must own.
On the other hand Blanche is the most sympathetic character because of her fantasy life. She lives in an unreal world. Therefore, I think she is the most sympathetic because of her funny behavior, she feels as a princes.

2 comments:

  1. HI IVAN~

    For me the more sympathetic one is Blanche's sister. She is a housewife and relay on her husband, who rape Blanche~And then her sisiter Blanche bacome crazy, whiling she must still pretend to be unware of the truth of her husband's animal behavior. Because they have a new baby, she must stomach all the unhappiness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Ivanovich,
    I see you liked Marlon’s perfomance. Definitively, Marlon Brandon was a boom in 1950’s. Gorgeus Spontaneatity could be excellent words to describe his perfomance. I remember the first time I wacht this movie with my father, he told you will see why Marlon Brandon was so famous. What you said about Stanley is true, he turned out to be really insensitive.However, at the beginnig of the movie I believed that he would be a caring character, even when he started asking for the inheritance. But, I realized that he was thinking just on money.

    ReplyDelete